Katwijk, Zuid-Holland, NetherlandsProduct
As Oceans of Energy is scaling up its existing solar farm on the North Sea to MegaWatt scale the coming year, we are recruiting a Data Engineer that can manage our data streams and make our data visibly internally.
As a Data Engineer you are responsible for processing all our data from our own sensoring campaigns. You will be involved in the design and selection of our sensors on our floating platforms in an early phase to guarantee the most valuable data output. You will take care of process automation of the data stream and build models to transfer all data to valuable learnings that directly lead to design improvements within the design team. This can be related to electrical, structural, hydrodynamic and environmental measurements on our system. You will be responsible for data processing for the operations team to give insight in system behaviour.
These are some of the things you may be working on
Engineering models and data warehousing
- Help engineers extract, transform and load a wide variety of datasets (ETL) that are used in improving our floating solar farm design and system integrity monitoring.
- Manage and develop a data warehouse where users can save and retrieve data from.
- Aid engineers in writing complex engineering models that use Python libraries such as pandas, numpy etc.
- Expand a dashboard tool that helps users visualize and analyze internal data such as power performance, system integrity and other sensoring equipment.
Asset management system
- Develop a system to help the teams keep track of our equipment and operations
- Communicate with employees from other departments to determine their problems, and figure out ways to provide solutions for their specific software needs
- Use external web APIs to gather data about weather and metocean information.
These are the tools we are currently using
- Jupyter notebooks
- Azure DevOps
About Oceans of Energy
Oceans of Energy is a young, passionate and fast-growing company. We installed the world’s first offshore solar farm in 2019 and have since been operating it in severe offshore conditions. It is our aim to enable the world to generate clean energy from the abundance of space at sea instead of those scarce locations on land.
Our modular offshore solar farm has been operational at sea for several years now and as we are extending it, we are monitoring it extensively. Specifically, the environmental monitoring we do thoroughly. Together with knowledge institutes, NGO’s and universities, we assess the impact on nature and marine life as well as to explore nature-enhancing opportunities around offshore solar
Why you want to work at Oceans of Energy:
- You will work together with many very talented colleagues, all with a lot of passion for the same mission.
- You will get a flexible time off policy, which means you will not have a strict maximum number of leave days a year. We believe that our employees can judge themselves when it is time to push and when it is time to take a break.
- You will receive a laptop from Oceans of Energy to work on.
- We believe that Learning is Key. This means that there are plenty of chances for you to learn and grow at our scale-up.
- We also often arrange (voluntary) extra curriculum events, such as sailing events, campsites, BBQ’s, Xmas party and of course Friday afternoon drinks.
- Engineering degree (Msc or HBO) in the following directions: Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Aerospace Engineering
- Manage scope creep, priorities, deliverables and user expectations.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience building production-grade cloud infrastructure solutions
- Solid understanding of how web applications and relational databases work. HTTP, REST APIs, Web Protocols, SQL, ORMs, etc
- experience in working with motion data: IMU’s, MEMS, Kalman filtering etc.
- experience in machine learning
- Can work independently and set own deadlines and priorities
- Possesses strong communication skills and enjoys discussing projects, requests, and requirements with people in different roles and functions
- Able to express technical and business ideas in English
- Living in the Netherlands; authorized to work in the Netherlands